Mabuhay Filipino Thinkers!
If you are passing by the Santolan road at the side of Quezon City, you must have seen this banner lately :
This priority project of the lady LGU head from San Juan City draw ire of many citizens of Barangay Valencia, Quezon City including the Chairperson of the said Barangay as show in this screenshot from her public Facebook account :
All the material City Councilors from Quezon City, Vice Mayor Joy Belmonte and of course, the most relevant person of all — the LGU Head of San Juan City and her son who is now a seating member of the Upper House (Senate).
The said move is highly popular towards the constituents and neighbors of Barangay Valencia Chairperson Mrs. Anna Millonado.
People are asking if the said move is legal and constitutional — why on earth that a San Juan public development will be situated in an area which is literally outside the map of San Juan City?
However this move is not something unusual and being practice all around the world even by numerous first world countries like Germany, USA, Canada to name a few.
SUGGESTED ARTICLES THAT YOU MAY LIKE :
5 Municipalities, 5 Exclaves
In political geography, an enclave is a country or part of a country lying wholly within the boundaries of another country. Many entities are both enclaves and exclaves, but the two are not synonymous.
The word enclave crept into the jargon of diplomacy rather late in English, in 1868, coming from French, the lingua franca of diplomacy, with a sense inherited from late Latin inclavatus meaning “shut in, locked up” (with a key, late Latin clavis). The word exclave is a logical extension created three decades later.
Enclaves may be created for a variety of historical, political or geographical reasons. Some areas have been left as enclaves simply due to changes in the course of a river. Since living in an enclave can be very inconvenient and many agreements have to be found by both countries over mail addresses, power supply or passage rights, enclaves tend to be eliminated and many cases that existed before have now been removed.
Many countries or parts of its are referred to as “enclaves” while this is not always the case. True enclaves are those territories where a country is sovereign, but which cannot be reached without entering one particular other country.
Some enclaves are countries in their own right, completely surrounded by another one, and therefore not exclaves (nor true enclaves), e.g. San Marino in Italy, Vatican City, Lesotho in South Africa.
In the world, there are more enclaves/exclaves than States. Europe has four significant areas of exclaves:
- Baarle-Hertog/Nassau with the Municipalities of Baarle-Hertog, a Belgian exclave in the Netherlands, and the Dutch Baarle-Nassau, which has some parcels of its territory inside the Belgian exclave;
- Campione d’Italia, an Italian Municipality of Lombardy, occupying an enclave within the Swiss canton of Ticino, separated from the rest of Italy by Lake Lugano and mountains;
- Büsingen am Hochrhein, a German town entirely surrounded by the Swiss canton of Schaffhausen and south across the Rhine by Zürich and Thurgau;
- Llívia, a Spanish and Catalan enclave surrounded completely by French territory. It is situated in the French Pyrenees, East of Andorra and West of Perpignan.
SOURCE : http://www.exclave.eu/
Here in the Philippines, we can hear of the many familiar scenarios like the Manila South Cemetery which is located in the CIty of Makati and the Boy’s Town owned by Manila City which is now currently situated in the City of Marikina.
We also welcome the views and opinions of parties in favor of the said priority project of San Juan City Mayor Guia Gomez. Kindly check our contact details below and we are open to publish your opinions and views material to this subject.
Think Philippines is acting only as an alternative avenue in the Internet where people can read news and opinions not limited to Current Events and Wealth Management.
SUGGESTED ARTICLES THAT YOU MAY LIKE :
About The Editor-In-Chief of Think Philippines!
- Managing Partner at Princeton Business Initiative
- Lead Convenor of Isang Samahan, Isang Pilipinas (ISIP) and Think Philippines!
- Agency Manager at Fortune CARE Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Financial Wealth Planner at FWD Life Philippines
- Financial Investment Advisor at Rampver Strategic Advisors
(+63) 927 646 0088 WhatsApp/Viber/Philippine Mobile Number
To post articles here at Think Philippines, you may email it to: email@example.com or by simply commenting it on the field provided below.
Thank you for supporting us