Letter from the EIC of Think Philippines!
Mabuhay Filipino Thinkers!
With our aspiration to maximize the reach of this Opinion-Editorial, we would like to compose our thoughts in English and Filipino language.
We believe that the best way to make this country great again isn’t by having the right politicians alone but we should also put an emphasis on having the right information for the electorate’s reference.
We never give up to the Filipino voters! Walang #bobotante sa Pilipinas, misinformed or worse uninformed lang.
MIGO 4:28pm / October 6, 2015
1) LACK OF REPUTABLE DEBATES AND FORUMS. Without reputable debates and forums, we are just an electorate voting over the best product packaged by the best marketing genius money can buy in the country. We should not even consider choosing our next President just because they have the most “catchy” slogans and jingles, Tama po ba? We need someone who can present solid platforms and will entertain our random questions vs lewd performances by girl dancers. Candidates can promise heaven and earth to us but asking them “how” they can make their platforms into a reality is a different story. If they do not like to be questioned, another red flag on why we should not even consider electing these traditional politicians masquerading as reformers and new breed of good candidates in the Philippines.
2) EXPENSIVE ELECTION SYSTEM IS LIMITING OUR OPTIONS. Whether you agree on this or not, we are now hosting every 3 years an election system that can be qualified as one of the most expensive in the world.
Imagine these numbers : PHP 500,000.00 to PHP 1,000,000.00 per 30 seconder TV spot come election season (peak season) and you have a budget for 30 minutes or 60 slots for a 30-seconder TV spot — that is already a whooping PHP 30,000,000.00 to 60,000,000.00 just for TV ad space in a single TV station alone. How about the cost of producing these TV commercials? The other material cost like getting crowd gathering stars like Sarah Geronimo? How about the cost of having people litter the whole country with your tarpaulins and other campaign paraphernalia?
MALAKING TANONG SA “BIG TIME” DONORS AND CANDIDATES :
Saan at paano mo ito babawiin?
According to Gordon, the Supreme Court has said that “to achieve the purpose of promoting equality, the right of the public, particularly the voters, to be informed of the issues in an election is paramount.”
That’s all for now. Let us open the eyes and minds of our fellow electorate and demand for a public debate.
We request you as to make this as your status when you share this article online :
“My Top 2 Reason Why The Philippine Style Of Campaigning is Making Us More Stupid : (Insert your Top 2 reasons)”.
SUGGESTED ARTICLES THAT YOU MAY LIKE :
About The Editor-In-Chief of Think Philippines!
- Managing Partner at Princeton Business Initiative
- Lead Convenor of Isang Samahan, Isang Pilipinas (ISIP) and Think Philippines!
- Agency Manager at Fortune CARE Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Financial Investment Advisor at Rampver Strategic Advisors
(+63) 927 646 0088 WhatsApp/Viber/Philippine Mobile Number
To post articles here at Think Philippines, you may email it to: email@example.com or by simply commenting it on the field provided below.
Thank you for supporting us