- A 19-year-old college student has claimed the nearly P33-M Mega Lotto jackpot prize on Monday
- The lucky winner said he got the winning combinations from birthdates of his family
- He plans to buy a house and lot for his parents and start a business for himself
- Despite the fortune, he will still pursue and complete his studies
MANILA, Philippines – A 19-year-old student has come forward to claim the nearly P33-M Mega Lotto jackpot prize on Monday, April 4.
Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) vice chairman and general manager Ferdinand Rojas II, told Inquirer the college student from Pasig City claimed the 6/45 lotto top prize amounting exactly to P32,940,388.
The unnamed man is the sole winner who picked the winning number combination 20-24-19-44-16-30 drawn last March 28.
The lucky winner told the PCSO official he got the winning combinations from the birthdates of his family. He bought 2 tickets for P40 and luckily won the jackpot. The winning combination was a standard bet, according to Rojas.
Rojas added the bettor has been playing lotto for over a year. The student bought the winning ticket from an outlet in Kapasigan Public Market in Pasig.
Part of his winnings will be used in purchasing a property – a house and lot – for his parents.
However, despite the huge windfall, the student said he will still pursue his studies to complete a degree. He plans to open a business but has not decided yet on what type he plans to invest on.
Meanwhile, 18 lucky bettors also won P50,000 for getting 5 out of 6 of the winning combinations, while 1,332 won the third prize of P550 each for correctly picking 4 of the 6 lucky numbers.
Originally published by Kicker daily
SUGGESTED ARTICLES THAT YOU MAY LIKE :
- Managing Partner at Princeton Business Initiative
- Lead Convenor of Isang Samahan, Isang Pilipinas (ISIP) and Think Philippines!
- Financial Investment Advisor at Rampver Strategic Advisors
(+63) 927 646 0088 WhatsApp/Viber/Philippine Mobile Number
To post articles here at Think Philippines, you may email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by simply commenting it on the field provided below.
Thank you for supporting us.